The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is offering two ways to order FREE Get Ahead of Sepsis print materials:
- Online: At gov/pubs select “Sepsis” from the Programs drop down menu and click “Search.” Then select the materials you want.
- By Phone: Call 1-800-CDC-INFO.
CDC’s Get Ahead of Sepsis print materials help patients, families, and healthcare professionals learn about ways to Get Ahead of Sepsis including:
- Knowing the signs and symptoms of sepsis
- Being alert and acting fast if sepsis is suspected
- Preventing infections and staying healthy
- Starting a conversation about sepsis during doctor’s appointments
These materials are ideal for distribution at health care appointments, community health fairs, conferences, in patient discharge packets, or to use in talking with family members about sepsis.
Remember, sepsis is a medical emergency. Improved recognition and timely treatment of sepsis increase your chances of survival and decrease the likelihood of long-term effects.
Learn more about sepsis and how to prevent infections at www.cdc.gov/sepsis.
Learn more about antibiotic prescribing and use at www.cdc.gov/antibiotic-use.